Sunday, April 7, 2013

Jelly-rific

A pair of jellies is just perfect for summer and also rainy days.  This lovely style trend has appeared and reappeared countless times since I was born.  I have seen different adaptations of this style which was said to had been pioneered by a French shoemaker due to leather shortage.  I remember those cute GUESS glittered jelly shoes when I was in high school up to the adorable wedgies that Melissa has popularized.  I actually bought the scarfun summer wedge by Alexandre Herchcovitch for Melissa when I was still in Singapore.  I like it because I don't need to sacrifice style just because it is raining outside.:D

Below are the additions in my jelly family.  If Jerry Maguire had Dorothy Boyd at hello, this bright blue plastic thong  flipflops at Sergio Rossi had me at one glance.  I love the versatility of this pair of sandals. I can pair it with maxi dresses on summer and skinny jeans on rainy casual days.

Cute jelly item number 2 is the Zen girl flats by Viviene Westwood for Melissa.  Who could even resist this pair of awesome jellies? In fact, I got so smitten by them that I bought one for me and my kiddo (who is actually mini-me).

the last item posted here is my daughter's jelly wedge which is almost akin to my other Melissa wedge except for the additional strap. but this one is way cheaper because we got this for just about 5 dollars (big grin on my face!)










Zen Girl jelly flats by Viviene Westwood for Melissa






No comments:

Post a Comment