Friday, February 26, 2016

KTPH SINGAPORE



one of the many  connecting bridges





This is a baby of mine that I have started from competition and then went through to construction. This was the first time that I had designed a hospital landscape and it was a high profile one.  There were lots of coordination meetings, press conferences, presentations and liaison with different consulting teams.  Indeed, it was a product of blood, sweat and tears.  I had spent countless sleepless nights because of design concepts and revisions, rushed deadlines as well as a demanding work  and coordination schedule.  I was not just the designer but I was doing project manager and director duties.  But all the efforts are worth it because this project won several awards.  The client wanted a rainforest in the middle of the hospital ,(the concept is a hospital within a garden,not a garden within a hospital) and that is what he got. I can see the forest now, about 4 years after its completion. This was also my first time to use gfrc timber for fire engine access(E.V.A) and I fell in love with the beauty of this material.too bad I haven't found it here in China.  Pictures are from the web.



the 4th and 5th level gardens




the green pavilion





the waterfalls at the basement atrium



me (9 years ago) with my drawings and design


No comments:

Post a Comment